Hotels in Seville

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by Stronge Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

I am thinking of spending 2 nights in Seveille in mid September, does any one have any recommendation ?

Like 0      
04 Aug 2010 3:18 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Not yet, however we are staying at Hotel Plaza Santa Lucia on 1st and 2nd September, so can let you know if it's any good!  It's a 3 star hotel and we chose it because we plan to take the train to Cordoba for a day trip and it's very close to the railway station, giving us more time to see Cordoba.  We also know the airport bus stops at the railway station, making it very conveneient.  We have stayed in Seville before, a long time ago, but cannot remember the name of that hotel unfortunately.

Enjoy Seville - it's a lovely city!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
04 Aug 2010 5:19 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Long walk though from Santa Justa train station to City Centre...!

If you decide to take the River trip, avoid using agencies for ticket purchase, just go down to the Torre Del Oro boat station and buy the tickets there...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
04 Aug 2010 5:27 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Thanks foxbat.  We gathered that however our main aim is to see Cordoba, which we have never visited before, so we were looking at being close to the railway station and with easy access to and from the airport.  Also, we do a lot of walking (we have a dog!) so are used to walking everywhere.  It might not suit Stronge though.  Any thoughts about somewhere more central?

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
04 Aug 2010 5:48 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Suemac;

Regetably no; I visit Seville maybe once or twice a year to meet up with my sister, but seeing that its only three hours away by train from where I live, my visits tend to be out and back in a day!

Given the convenience of the train I've always found it much less stressful than driving over and trying to negotiate the traffic which always seems to be far more aggresive than even the norm for Spain! Let the taxis take the strain! (Lots of the cabbies speak passable English too.)

So far as getting details of hotels is concerned Trivago advertise heavily on TV as a hotel booking agency; I've had a look at their site and it would appear that accomodation is available at a decent 3 star hotel from as little as 37€ per person per night...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
04 Aug 2010 10:34 PM by Stronge Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Thanks alot for all that information.  We hope to take the train from Malaga. I have heard of the Hotel #Becquer and Hotel Murello anyone have any feed back on them.

Thanks again.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2010 6:42 PM by LizFox Star rating in Seville. 2 posts Send private message

I haven't stayed in any of them - just seen them from the outside!!!  Hotel Becquer looks very nice.  There's another one close by with is Confortel Puerta de Triana that looks nice too.  The Hotel Inglaterra is very well situated in Plaza Nueva.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish propertyowned by a UK Company - 1 posts
Murcia region info - 2 posts
cost of a 4,4kw electricity unit with endesa - 1 posts
the uk gov. stealing money off the poorest - 61 posts
Spanish Car HPI check - 1 posts
BANK GUARANTEES PETITION - LEY 57/68 - 85 posts
EHIC for Spanish Nationals - 7 posts
ice cream - 5 posts
BANK GUARANTEES PETITION - LEY 57/68 - 2 posts
spanish lessons - 3 posts
FREE HEALTHCARE? - 8 posts
Internet Savvy Person Wanted - 4 posts
ESCUDERO PROMOTORS - 3 posts
can I ask the elecricity & water company to do a real reading before renters move in my apt? - 1 posts
Car Recovery from Malaga to Orihuela - 2 posts
Nationwide changes - 79 posts
Success claiming under a bank guarantee - 41 posts
driving in alicante city - 2 posts
Registration for Municipal Election - 2 posts
RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS TO MURCIA - 23 posts
QUOTES PLEASE FOR CUPBOARD UNDER STAIRS INSIDE JARDINES APARTMENT - 3 posts
hello - 1 posts
Non-Payers on Community - What are the Options - 8 posts
Ryan Air Rip-Off - 54 posts
punta prima - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x