Help!...where do I HAVE to visit between Murcia and Seville....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by Al White Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I'm coming out to Spain at the end of September for 8 days.  Planning to look for property and explore the Mazarron area for 2 days and then holiday the rest. 

We definitely want to visit Gibraltar as we've never been and I also fancied Marbella having heard of it of course, but have been told there is nothing actually in Marbella itself.

So suggestions of the best places to see things I REALLY shouldn't miss please.....

A suggestion of the best night life for one of the evenings would also be good.  At this stage my plan is for a coastal route which will include Almeria, Malaga, Marbella, Gibraltar, (maybe) Cadiz and finally Seville.

The only recommendations I have had so far are from my parents who visited CDS a few years ago and recommended Nerja, Ronda and Mijas (although I can't seem to remember why LOL!!)

THANKS!

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 3:37 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Whover has told you there is nothing in Marbella is talking from where the sun dont shine - however it depends on what you are looking for while it is not bereft of culture it is a relatively modern place so if you are looking for beautiful architecture and museums, galleries and history then you should go up to Granada or into Malaga. Gibraltar is generally shrouded in cloud/mist. Mijas is a tourist trap - used to be a beautiful Pueblo but full of japanese with cameras these days. sevilla is beautiful, Cadiz has a lot of history and some interesting architecture. However it sounds as if you are going to be looking at property for a couple of days but with the roads in Spain it appears you are considering covering a phenomenal amount of ground in a vewry short space of time. Ronda is lovely but give it a miss if you want to do Sevilla and Cadiz but if you plan to do all that you are considering in such a short time you wont have any time left for looking around - miss Gib as well unless you want to q for a couple of hours to get through the border - not much there anyway unless you fancy Morrisons - barbary apes I guess and the tunnels but seems a waste in such a short time. 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 7:58 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

If you really want to go to Gibraltar, either get the bus or drive to La Linea, then walk across the border!  I was there many, many years ago when I was in the WRNS, and decided I would like to go back a couple of years ago when we were staying on the Costa del Sol.  There were coach trips from where we were staying, but very pricey, which is why we took the local bus.  We walked past all the coaches queuing up to cross the border!  Good for buying at duty-free prices (I got really cheap cigarettes for my Mum, who was suitably grateful!)

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 9:51 PM by DoubleJ Star rating in Las Alpujarras and L.... 143 posts Send private message

DoubleJ´s avatar

The "Old" Town in Marbella is definately worth a visit, especially in the early evening. Lots of restaurants of varying price & quality, plus typical narrow streets with houses covered in flowers. The Plaza de los Naranjos is the centre of the Old Town area which is easily explored in an evening. The Orange Tree Restaurant is particularly good and is located just off the Plaza ...... on Chincilla (I think).

If you are traveling from Murcia, I would seriously consider taking a detour through the Alpujarras. If you are into dramatic scenery that remains remarkedly green throughout summer, you can't go wrong taking the road from Orgiva to Panpanieira, Bubion & Capileira. These are the highest mountains in Spain and snow meltwater from the peaks keeps the valleys as green as an English garden (albeit an English garden with oranges & lemons growing everywhere !). For the quickest detour, turn inland at Motril. For a longer, more leisurely journey, turn inland at Almeria.

Personally, I would avoid Nerja & Mijas. The Ronda is lovely (boyo !), but so too are some of the smaller places such as Jimena, and these may keep you more on route and on schedule.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2007 1:28 PM by Al White Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

BRILLIANT help so far everyone....THANKS!!

Keep the suggestions coming

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

4+ bed required almunecar - benajarafe - 0 posts
Royal Executive Marbella - 10 posts
Rioja-Properties - 0 posts
hi - 2 posts
buying partner out - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Jim - 4 posts
rapp - 1 posts
Storage Space - 4 posts
Lets Eat in Benijofer - 13 posts
Torremendo - 33 posts
ADMINISTRATION - 4 posts
Send private message to - 7 posts
david and jan brooker - 1 posts
Once they take your deposit does the romance die - 2 posts
New owner...anyone going to esuri bloque1 ? - 1 posts
philpne - 0 posts
MRI furniture package - 4 posts
Property price 'increase' reports - fact or fiction? - 7 posts
edith office - 0 posts
Registering a van - 5 posts
Having a WiFi hotspot installed for the community - 6 posts
Has anyone has a paddle tennis or sports court built? - 0 posts
Vista Del Guadiana - 2 posts
Moving to Quesada next year (early I hope) - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x