Batxillerat Questionnaire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jun 2012 1:45 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Justin

I´ve received a private message asking me to complete a questionnaire for the above by Imo94. Can you verify whether this is genuine or a spoof?

Thanks

Irene

Like 0      
26 Jun 2012 2:09 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

26 Jun 2012 2:32 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

I also declined.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
26 Jun 2012 2:47 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

26 Jun 2012 4:24 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

I binned it yesterday because I'm no longer living in Spain on a permanent basis so the questionnaire doesn't apply to me.  However, I've just been sent it again.....and binned it again! 

I don't think one needs a questionnaire to work out whether it's a good idea to move to Spain or not.  Just look through this site to get your answers and/or start your own thread in the usual way....and I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice from the very helpful people who frequent this site!

Like 0      
26 Jun 2012 9:14 PM by imo94 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I am a Batxillerat student that lives is Spain. I am carrying out a project for school on wether my future lies in Spain or the Uk.

All I ask for is you to take a minute of your time to aswer this questionnaire. This will help me see how many expats think the cost of living is higher here or in the UK and wether they think there better pr worse of here than in the UK.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2012 9:18 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Are you English Imo?

Like 0      
27 Jun 2012 2:37 PM by imo94 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Yes I am but part of my family are Spanish

Like 0      
27 Jun 2012 2:45 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

With respect, you need to study English grammar as it is whether. Also you are of a different age group and therefore our responses will be of no value at all if this is for you to evaluate whether or not you should live here or the UK.

Irene

Like 0      
27 Jun 2012 3:47 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I am not sure that being able to speak, read and write in English is a qualification you need to live in the UK anymore??!!

Like 0      
27 Jun 2012 3:57 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

With due respect, perhaps you are not the best one to criticise a Spaniard’s English !

The error you pointed out was a spelling error not a grammatical one.

People living in glasshouses etc.

This message was last edited by elaineG on 27/06/2012.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2012 4:07 PM by imo94 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I understand that Irene but there is no other way that I can get these questionnaires answered because I don't know many english people my age in Spain and I do not know any expat sites where people my age are signed up to. Plus I do not need young english people to find out whether they think the cost of living is high or not is Spain, perhaps maybe their opinion of where their future lies in Spain or the UK but not cost of living or whether they are better or worse off in Spain.

Like 0      
27 Jun 2012 4:40 PM by maddiemack Star rating in Grantham, Lincolnshi.... 194 posts Send private message

We can give you our opinions, imo, but they won't help your decision because that will certainly depend more on whether you can secure a job in your chosen profession once you have qualified.  The cost of living won't matter in a country where you can't earn a living. 

We all have different reasons for choosing where we live and the cost of living isn't usually the highest priority.  For example, much as we loved living in Spain a few years ago because....a) the weather is better than here in the UK b) Spanish lifestyle is more laid back, for the most part,  than here in the UK c) We found the cost of living cheaper in Spain (taking everything into account)...we moved back to the UK because our teenage son couldn't get regular employment.  My husband, a builder, had plenty of work in Spain whilst we were there, but things are very different now.  Part-time work was easy for me as I am qualified to teach English as a foreign language. 

As it happens, our son has managed (through hard work and determination) to obtain a permanent job here in the UK but throughout three periods of unemployment here he was entitled to job seekers allowance which saw him through these times whilst he looked for work.  As I understand it, he wouldn't have had these allowances had we remained in Spain and, rather than having his own place as he does here, he would have had to remain living with us.....not what he wanted!

Others have their own reasons for either living in Spain or living in the UK.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where can I buy Jarapas rugs in southern Spain? - 6 posts
GENERAL ADVERTISING BY COMPANIES ON THESE INDIVIDUAL FORUMS AND THE BLOG SITE - 4 posts
Anyone using Hits mobile - 13 posts
Prescriptions charges - 59 posts
empty large van ret to uk - 0 posts
large van returning to uk empty - 0 posts
Brits begin to reclaim £400m in overpaid IHT from Spain - 0 posts
Van Man Rod - Warning - 0 posts
air con - 3 posts
Sales Staff Job - 0 posts
"Cars for Sale" section... - 2 posts
Is there such a thing as a trade policy in Spain? - 0 posts
Planning permission required to extend roof terrace? - 3 posts
Alterations prior to LFO - 1 posts
advantage rent a car spain murcia airport - 8 posts
UK Car to spain - 6 posts
Should I transfer my Euros from Spain to Germany - 20 posts
THE SPANISH WAY - 0 posts
bike test - 2 posts
Duquesa & Manilva - 1 posts
Interest on bank guaranteed deposits - 23 posts
hose pipe ban malaga - 3 posts
Thank you Dickmanns for realising we were telling the truth - 0 posts
Mortgages and return to the peseta - 62 posts
Where to go off road with my Quad - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x