vera playa almeria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2018 5:29 PM by john787030 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello Guys,

I am new to eye on Spain and would really appreciate anybodys views on Vera playa and palomares new buildsor any other in the area. We have been thinking of buying.

there are some apts on offer that even though built many years ago are now up for sale 

Does anybody own or have recently bought in these developments that could provide some tips and views. or anyone else who has a view

Many thanks. john

Like 0      
05 Mar 2018 5:59 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

John,

You may wish to google Palomares - there was a nuclear incident there many years ago involving a USA bomber, I believe there was a clear-up and all may now be OK but you may want to check it out yourself. 

You never know what you may dig up in your back garden these days sad .

Like 0      
05 Mar 2018 5:59 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Nice area. Well maintained. Small amounts of building still going on. Very British. Close to all facilities and the town of Mojacar. Vera Playa includes an “urbanisation natural” especially for those who indulge in stripping off.

Palomares. 50 + years ago had a nuclear incident. Apparently this has since been cleaned up. Certainly doesn’t stop folk visiting or buying there. . 

Like 0      
05 Mar 2018 6:41 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We have a place on Al Andalus Resort, there are several other Al Andalus complexes, all built by Key Mare. They aren't bad quality and prices are very favourable at the moment. There were some bad floods a few years back which wiped ut the beach front, but is all okay now. Plenty of supermarkets, eateries and bars around. There is even a Iceland up the road in Vera! Good local bus service which runs until 4am in the summer, 9pm at other times of year. Reasoanbly priced airport transfers from Almeria airport if you don't want to drive. Palomares is also home to the big Desert Springs golf club. 

Mark

Like 0      
05 Mar 2018 9:46 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1314 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Asking such direct questions can result in bias replies.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2018 9:56 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Preferable to the indirect idiotic questions and replies posted on here .🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Like 0      
05 Mar 2018 10:26 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1314 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

It is disappointing that a forum that’s purpose is help, advise and share knowledge seems to attract so much off thread bickering.

Like 1      
06 Mar 2018 12:35 AM by Spanishpunter Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

This part of Almeria has been featured on the TV programmes about buying holiday homes or permanent moves . There was one today which actually featured a property in Vera Playa. But if you go to catch up you will find many. There was also one last year which featured the  life of a local estate agent which is due to have a second series shown shortly. Just watching these will give you a good insight into this part of Almeria 

Prices on the coast are more expensive but go inland 20 minutes and you get super value for money but it is much cheaper than Costa del Sol and that applies to living costs

if also has the best weather in mainland Europe particularly in the winter 

Because of the TV publicity prices are now starting to move upwards as there is little new build so suggests you come over soon to see how the land lies 

Like 0      
06 Mar 2018 9:30 AM by Meryt Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

On the subject of Vera Playa, is Mojacar Playa within walking distance? We have been looking for a winter let in Spain and, after researching other areas, we have settled on Almeria for its warmer, winter temperatures. Ideally, we'd like to stay in Mojacar Playa but cannot find anything for three months consecutive...

Like 0      
06 Mar 2018 10:06 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Walking distance to Mojacar.......No. The town of Garrucha is in between these resorts. To be honest even staying in Mojacar without personal transport wouldn’t be easy as although the incredibly long main thoroughfare is flat the roads leading off, to where the properties are, are hilly and sometimes very steep.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2018 10:13 AM by Meryt Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Thank you, Floella. We'll keep searching...

Like 0      
06 Mar 2018 6:45 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

it is within walking distance, but depends how long you want to take smiley. There aren't many properties on the playa in Mojacar, most are in the pueblo which is up the hill. There is a great hourly bus service though, that is also cheap.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2018 8:57 AM by Meryt Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Although we'll be bringing our car, we do a lot of walking when we're in Spain, and at home in the UK. I'll check the mileage...or should I say kms.  We always use the buses, too, whilst we're in Spain.Thanks for the info re Mojacar Playa. We'd rather not stay in the pueblo itself unless that's all we can get....all that uphill and downhill walking or driving through narrow streets...lol.  There may be a rental on the outskirts of the place, I suppose, making it easier to get to and from.  We have spent time in the area on daily trips but never for weeks at a time. But, we understand it's the warmest part of mainland Spain in the winter?

Like 0      
09 Apr 2018 3:26 PM by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 64 posts Send private message

My wife and I will shortly be moving out to Vera Playa. We have been holidaying there for the last 10 years and because we enjoy it so much we decided to move there permanently. 

There are still plenty of 2 bed 2 bathroom apartsment for sale for prices between €60k to €90k in the area. Good shops in Vera and the local farmer's markets give you good value for money (as well as selection) on fruit & vegetables. Besides the Iceland in Vera there is also an Aldi Garrachu but we prefer shopping in the local spanish supermarkets like Mercadona or Consum.

Due the surrounding mountains the area has its own microcosum of weather which makes it warmer in winter than most other places in Spain however when the wind comes from the North across the snow covered Grenada mountains, it can get chilly but no need for de-icer & ice scrapper.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wills - 1 posts
Bank want to trick me into saying I'm investor - 2 posts
EU Referendum - 17 posts
12 months contract - 5 posts
Long term rental Benidorm - 2 posts
legal Interest rates - 27 posts
HEALTHCARE IN SPAIN - 21 posts
Newbie to here and hopefully to Spain! - 26 posts
Wanted: Long term rental villa Moraira area /Se busca alquiler de villa a largo plazo en el área de Moraira - 0 posts
Landlord refuses to fix hot water - says I can pay for it myself - 7 posts
Hello from a future apprentice in Spain - 1 posts
Saving account - 1 posts
Help! I need a landscape gardener - 0 posts
Landscape gardener required - 1 posts
Pontevedra - 1 posts
Community powers - 10 posts
Autism provision in Spain - 2 posts
The dreaded Selling my Car in Spain - 1 posts
Embargo/Sale of uninhabited property if owner owes high Community Fees... - 6 posts
Hello - 19 posts
Buying a car in spain - 11 posts
Right of neighbour over my land - 12 posts
Blood pressure monitor - 2 posts
Best way to transfer money out of Spain - 23 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX - RESIDENCIAL PROPERTY - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x