Costaluz Lawyers. Just saying thanks seems so inadequate !!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Nov 2011 1:03 AM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

by the bye did anyone make sense of stephen / steves  post that "doesnt get to post too often"  he is a client? or the steven that used to work at costa luz?, but he has won his case????????, and he is going to spark up if we get monies back??????, MARIA , are your clients missing something here?, I hope to God you are a decent person, so please tell me who this stephen /steven is he, a client, a patient or what?,

This message was last edited by stokey on 04/11/2011.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2011 2:44 AM by stephensteve Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi Stokey, sorry that this experience is troubling you so much,

I know that you are angry as I have gone through the same as you, until I get my money returned then we are all in the same boat,

I am a client of Costaluz ( a Client is someone who pays for a service ) so we are all clients of the lawyers that we are paying to get a result,

Take it easy mate, and, once again, good luck

Like 0      
04 Nov 2011 1:00 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

sorry mate, im just so naffed off with the whole spanish rip off experience that has ruined my families life, I just hope that Maria is a good person, and if my family ever does get justice in spain I will be the first to praise Maria , yours sam

Like 0      
04 Nov 2011 1:12 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Ads/Keith. 

Every now and then all of this gets to me and the only place to vent is the EOS forum.  I have had contact with Maria and I am reassured that her team are doing all they can.  I now understand the amount of work that Maria and her team are putting into our case.  It is the dream we once had and having worked for every penny and having lost my house in the UK too that makes me growl.

Thanks for being there and have a lovely weekend.

Chrissie 1

Chrissie   

Like 0      
04 Nov 2011 1:24 PM by ads Star rating. 4125 posts Send private message

We all have to stay strong and focused together, good lawyers and clients alike, but the message has to be conveyed far and wide about the decimation this is doing to people's lives.

We have to push and push ad infinitum to relay the fact that the Justice system in Spain is NOT enforcing rulings.

Like 0      
06 Nov 2011 2:32 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

no doubt we are all "naffed" and some of us have had experience of blood sucking lawyers in the past. I particularly blame the lawyers who I trusted with my life's savings.

In fact I am convinced that Spanish lawyers are actual criminals for what they have done.

I have met Maria and was impressed by her.

But.......................

"Normansands: No one at Casares del Sol has been repaid yet . There were no individual certificates of Bank Guarantees and therefore we had to cancel contracts first and now we are preparing an action against the General Guarantoor in that development. There are enough Law grounds and Case law to cover this, but everything is static in Spain at present."

what do I do now???????????

since I have not been paying a Spanish mortgage for the "dream" even on pension I have now saved enough over the past five years to employ Maria or some other lawyer.

so am I still eligible and what are the realistic chances????????

those that completed in fear of losing 30% have now lost much more from the false description and the market and are supposed to be fighting a group case action for discounts.

will Interlaken survive and pay up or will my savings since be wasted on yet another fruitless appealed series of actions in what seems to be the worst Justice system in the World (developed).

Answers please

Regards

Norman

This message was last edited by normansands on 06/11/2011.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2011 12:53 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9404 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Normansands:

Case Law backing your case ( and that of Casares del Sol´s people) is increasing in Spain. So I have very good expectations on cases like yours.

Kindest,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Nov 2011 1:07 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

norman, I see exactly your point about completing so as not to lose 30% deposit, but our position is the entire block has been falling down for the two years since it was built,  and WE DID have a bank gurantee, we cant even establish it hasnt got a habitation certificate, but it cant have (even in spain) because its netted up and roped off due to falling masonry!!! , sam

Like 0      
07 Nov 2011 3:03 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Hi Stokey,

it is not easy to keep rational is it?

never say never in Spain.

have you employed any professional to report?

I was once told by a Spanish architect, who tapped his nose and winked, when he said that habitation certificates were never a problem.

My concern was just damp and bad workmanship, yours sounds much more serious.

As a construction engineer I might be able to comment but my qualifications are only British.

Perhaps I could comment on photos if it helps.

I have no idea whether I would be recognised but someone must have ordered the roping off and perhaps withdrawn any certificates.

Inspectahome- Roy seems knowledgeable - why not pm him?

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
08 Nov 2011 10:01 AM by ChrisBW Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Dear All,

I appreciate I have not posted before, so some may think I’m a stooge - but I felt I should share our experiences. I have tried to be as open as I can, but if you would like more details please PM me.

My family in-law, as well as my wife and I, have all used Costaluz Lawyers to get our deposits back from off plan properties bought in the Granada area. We were all lucky enough to have individual bank guarantees. My parents in-law and sister in-law were able to settle out of court and have received their deposits back. We, unfortunately, have not. We bought on a different development, Medina Golf, and we have had to go to court - which we did back in 2009. In May this year we won our case, but the bank has appealed and we are still waiting for the hearing. Luckily, the banks have at least paid the deposit to the courts and it is now with Maria, but as the law stands we still can’t get our hands on it - which is extremely frustrating given the current exchange rates and Euro worries. I don’t need to tell you how frustrating and stressful this process is. I can completely understand the anxiety of putting all of your trust and hopes in a company/someone you may have only spoken to once on the phone. It is a very scary process! I’ll be honest, when things have got to me I have had my moments of harassing Maria for any scrap of information on our case. Sometimes, just getting a reply saying there’s no news easies the tension a bit as I know they haven’t forgotten us.

Best wishes,
ChrisW

Like 0      
08 Nov 2011 12:02 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9404 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Chris:

No worries as money will be released to you as soon as the appeal is either finalised or cancelled. Please keep emailing us anytime you need support.

Kindest regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Nov 2011 10:03 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Hi All,

just reading through the thread and thought I would add something.

We have been extremely fortunate and have recovered our deposit and costs in full, this is all down to Costa Luz lawyers and their determination to succeed on our behalf.  our original lawyers told us we had no chance of recovering any money.

It does get extremely frustrating at the lack of information and progress updates and sometimes the only way to vent your anger is to post on EOS or fire emails off to maria demanding explanations.

I have been there and all I can say is that Maria and her team have answered emails as frankly as they can and with empathy.

I know that some of the posts are questioning the success rates and the testimonials, all I can say from my experience is that Costa luz are honest and trustworthy and that when I venture back into the Spanish property market, there will only ever be one lawyer that i will use to represent my interests and to be sure that everything is legal and that will be Costa Luz lawyers.

I have one final hurdle to get over, the developer is now taking me to court for breach of contract due to be heard in early December, Costa Luz will be representing me at this hearing.

If anyone wants to PM me or post any questions about my experience, then I will gladly answer them if i can if it will help to  alleviate the frustration.

Good luck everyone in your claims and fight.

Kelju

Like 0      
23 Nov 2011 10:21 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

just trying to make sense of my situation, I will tell it truthfully, if you dont agree with me im on 017882320452,  I  paid a deposit through parador properties to a "company" named united golf, basically the block my apartment was in only is only" thrown up" 2 years ago, now the entire block is roped off  due to it falling down!!! (pictures available), my family then employed costa del luz lawyers, ive just been told today by john bierne at united golf they have not had ANY contact from costa luz!!, so what are costaluz doing? ive contacted my MEP as someone is lying and guilty of corruption, and I can promise you its not me or my family, could someone please explain what is happening in spain, where a defendant has not been contacted by the plaintiffs solicitor after approx two years ?, if anyone wants an answer ive got a phone appointment tomorrow 1300hrs GMT, yours sincerely m hewitt

Like 0      
23 Nov 2011 10:37 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

no  "edit option" folks so have had to post again, anyway after 1300 hrs GMT feel free to get a response to a serious question from costa luz  , "keljui" my name is simple mate its sam, my tel ephone number is open for all to see?, im not saying you have any "motive" , but at least you folk out there know you are talking to "honest ripped off in spain sam?", plain +simple!,  give me a bell after ive hopefully got straight / honest answers from spain, which would be most welcome and a refreshing change, isnt  enough  enough to ask for honesty and justice in a fellow european country that will shortly im sure be asking for a "helping hand?,  sam x

This message was last edited by stokey on 23/11/2011.

This message was last edited by stokey on 24/11/2011.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2011 2:39 PM by stokey Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

ok im just off the phone, I must emphasise I was not saying costa luz had not contacted the developer, what I said was the employee of the developer emailed that information to me, which is what I meant about being ripped off in spain, so I am publicly apologising to costa luz for any offence I have made to them, its hard to be easily understood when you may lose the house we have lived in for 22 years, costa luz is our familys only hope of justice in spain is what im trying to say,   

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ga Appliance Inspections - 12 posts
So much for promised PSOE transparency - 1 posts
Account under review - 2 posts
How easy is it to change Architects? - 3 posts
Cost of Gates - 2 posts
Re-location advice very much appreciated, thank you. - 1 posts
Who is this woman? - 11 posts
Online Publishing. Any Suggestions? - 2 posts
Adios CAM! - 3 posts
Villa wanted for Xmas and New Year - 2 posts
Bankinter in alicante are very unhelpfull, just want your money - 3 posts
When did it all go wrong for some - 195 posts
Health Hazard - sewage and robery! - 2 posts
Double bedroom for couple in Marbella - 4 posts
Shares in a property - 3 posts
Cheapest transfer from Alicante airport to Denia area - 4 posts
Bancaja to refund deposits paid by the buyers of AUGIMAR for the developments torresblancas, forum y barlovento - 11 posts
Deposits paid by purchasers of the development Castalla International, covered by a banesto's generic guarantee - 3 posts
Generic Guarantee for 3 Molinos resort undercovered - 5 posts
HOME WANTED FOR A 6 WEEK OLD KITTEN - 2 posts
To Justin - 1 posts
gwenholliday - 1 posts
Frightened to ask really?? - 22 posts
Request: Restaurant Recommendations in Calpe and area - 1 posts
Area of Alhama de Murcia - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 55

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x