Where to Live in Spain...and Why?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Sep 2007 8:29 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
I'm Off to the bucket now where I belong!!!

Like 0      
15 Sep 2007 1:11 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
See ya Candyfloss - Smiley, who is Danny???

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Sep 2007 1:17 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Rixxy

Danny Dyer???

Thanks for the offer to join me in the mud (if I ever find it). But I found a mud buddy now. Go to the bucket. See i can do right threads........

Like 0      
10 Oct 2007 1:15 PM by sazzle Star rating in Scotland, soon to be.... 45 posts Send private message

hi all

not posted for a while as been extrememly busy planning my new life in spain. I started this thread and got some amazing advise.

After being over and seeing things for myself, talking to locals etc I have decided the following.

We are moving to Playa Flamenca, I loved this area, still busy out of season with big Expat Community, beautiful beaches within 5 min drive, infact everything I would possibly need was within a 5 minute drive.

WE are putting our children to State School...because.....

We found the 2 state schools as follows. El Liminor is Far too Pricey and Mar Azul is NOT what I would expect to pay 300e a month for. (no more to be said on Mar Azul Issue)         My daughter is 11, she has been doing the Muzzy Dvd's and research on the internet and within a couple of weeks, already knows numbers to 15, colours, fruit and Veg and some animals. I am confident she will be fine. If not then maybe have to fork out the cash for El Lim but she is more than happy to give it a try,

I want to thank EVERYONE on this forum as you have all been SO helpful and may I say VERY FRIENDLY! I have joined a few forums re our move to spain and this is the most likeable one yet!

Sazzle

ps See you all in Jan!

Like 0      
10 Oct 2007 2:35 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi Sazzle, Glad to hear you have found the area you love. We too fell in love with Playa Flamenca as soon as we went there, We found the house and knew as soon as we walked in that it was for us. We have been over many times since Feb (when we bought) and hope to move over permanently within 18 months. I am sure your 11 year old will fit in well.

I am still trying to persuade our 20 and 17 year old daughters to come with us, but think they have plans to stay. I am sure we will see lots of them though when they come over to stay.

Good luck to you and I am sure you will be really happy, when you make the move.

Regards

Trish

Like 0      
10 Oct 2007 4:47 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Sazzle - good luck and glad you are getting sorted - you will love it and your daughter will be fine, the first couple of weeks she may find tough but the spanish will take her under their wing and help her.

JPD - many moons ago when my parents first thought about coming to Spain, they worried about leaving me behind - I was 18/19 at the time (so, only a couple of years ago - har har)

I told them to go with my blessings and I would be out to see them often and for a couple of weeks where they would be happy and refreshed, not constantly tired from working every hour there was. They didnt move until just after I did 12+ years ago and regretted not doing it sooner, they used every excuse under the sun not to do it!

Your daughters will come and see you often, dont worry!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
10 Oct 2007 5:01 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Thanks Rixxy,

That says it all really (I have been making different excuses for years too)! John has been ready to make the move for years! I am sure they will come over and feel sure it's the right time for us, as you say working all hours, tired etc. I know it will all work out.

Thanks for your message Rixxy,

Trish x

Like 0      
10 Oct 2007 5:11 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Youre welcome and it always does work out.

My parents ran their own business - garage car repairs in central London, and all I remember as a kid was getting up before the sun and getting home while still dark! They spent years in a railway arch working their fingers to the bone so I found it frustrating when they had the chance that they wouldnt take it really until I made the move!

I m not like that - a chance comes along, I go for it as you only live once.

You never or rarely regret the things you do, but the things you dont - and my father had a great saying I still use to this day -

There are a thousand excuses for not doing something, but only one reason for doing something - and thats to do it!

Was drummed into me as a kid and if I ever have to face something daunting, I remember that and it spurs me on.

Doesnt help with giving up the chocolate though - thats a no no!  (sorry Justin, no meat choccy out there!)

Get yourself out here an enjoy it - its hard but you wont regret it!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
10 Oct 2007 5:35 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Yes, life is too short! We should all live for today!

Love your dads words, will try to remember them (my brain is not at its best these days------needs more sunshine eh? Or stop drinking alcohol......   no.....more sunshine I think!!!)

Trish x

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 2:19 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Gosh definately the sunshine - alhocol doesnt affect people really, its the weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How long - 7 posts
Manilva Park - 12 posts
New Passport Delivery Service in Spain - 4 posts
holistic therapy ? - 4 posts
thinking about work - 11 posts
Compensation for Late Completion of Property - 1 posts
wanted accomodation at Nueva Ribera for one week from Monday coming ! - 1 posts
Legal Costs - 6 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east from Marbella. - 3 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east of Marbella). - 0 posts
Lawyer in Ibiza - recommendation please - 0 posts
moving soon to spain help needed - 9 posts
TAPRISA 97 Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera - 16 posts
beverley robinson - 2 posts
Glad to be here,hello everyone. - 11 posts
How to complain about a post - 2 posts
When is a pushy developer not a pushy developer? - 26 posts
New Build Mortgage Advice - 6 posts
Driving to Spain from the UK - 29 posts
Snagging List Recommendations - 3 posts
Novo Carthago beach and golf resort, Murcia - 4 posts
hi, just joined and need some help - 7 posts
Just Joined to say.. - 24 posts
Euro Exchange - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 70

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x