Bought some bits and pieces today

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Aug 2007 2:17 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar
sorry im a bit slow today ... but did someone say there was an Ikea in Murcia ????

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Em

Yes twas me . It opened last year. I was only allowed one trip as the men folk seem to have an Ikea phobia!!!  .

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:37 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

04 Aug 2007 2:38 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi Candyfloss

I check out easyjet pretty frequently, in the hope of a bargain but it was only yesterday that I noticed the charge for baggage, so I guess it may have started with effect from 1st August.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:39 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Thanks, both of you ...

I can feel a shopping trip coming on ...... must make sure we have a big enough car ......oops, forgot, need to buy a house first to put stuff in!!!!

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:40 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi Morerosado

It definitely is on their website - maybe not in words but it is there at the bottom of all the figures when you choose the flight that you require.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I've just seen it here >  http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6930067.stm

Bit naughty they haven't put it in their site yet, well I can't see anything. Wouldn't have known about it if Mark hadn't said earlier.

Edited after seeing Noreen's post

"It definitely is on their website - maybe not in words but it is there at the bottom of all the figures when you choose the flight that you require." 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/4/2007.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:47 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks Noreen,

Looks like we'll be ok then. I must remeber to go to Bristol airport this time as i booked these flights before BMI started doing Cardiff to Murcia. Went from cardiff in May and going again from there in September. Very confusing!!!

Forgot to mention about the two shopping malls by Ikea. The Neuva Condominia is the biggest I've ever seen and they have primark too, can you believe it. Got the beds and sofas delivered from local furniture but bought a nice dining table, chairs and bedside drawers from Ikea. Did the one trip and was all done. Great!!! Em you will have a shopathon. hope Ken is up to it???  .

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:48 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I have just found the words hidden away!!!

What a cheek though - I have booked flights for December & February & despite that being a contactual agreement, I am now going to have to pay for any hold baggage.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I just put Sept 7-18 into EasyJet & it says we owe nothing for two bags no more than 20kg each, look I copied & pasted what it says to here.

2  Hold bag(s) per flight

between all passengers combined

£0.00

(total cost)

New

The 2 passenger(s) in this booking may check in a combined total of 2 hold bag(s). The 20kg hold bag weight allowance (per passenger) does not increase with the addition of further hold bags.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:52 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

We are due to complete at any time (allegedly!) & will need to do the "shopping spree thing" - Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between the Carrefour at Cartegena & the one in Almeria?

Also are they easy to find?

Thanks

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:55 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Morerosado

It doesn't apply for flights departing up to the end of September.

See Easyjet site - bottom left of page - Let us help you.

When you get through to the next screen click on Baggage & it reveals all.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:57 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Aha, Noreen, I see it NOW. God, you know me, dog with a bone, couldn't find it & I KNEW ! God help others.

Checked Baggage

Flights Departing on or Before 30 September 2007 (Regardless of when Booked)

Each passenger may take one item of standard checked-in hold baggage free of charge. Additional items are subject to a fee payable per item either in advance or in the airport.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 3:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Amazing us lot chatting about Easyjet, started out as bit & pieces".  We'll be getting a   from les moaners. Getting fed up myself with us "regulars" being called all & sundry.  

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 3:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

CENTRO COMERCIAL Y DE OCIO NUEVA CONDOMINA, MURCIA

A-7 km 760
Churra
Murcia
Spain

Murcia

Just at 6 km from the historic centre of Murcia

Nueva Condomina is located in the heart of the region of Murcia.
The project includes the Real Murcia’s new football stadium, an 18 holes golf course, hotels and a new residential area.
The shopping centre has an GLA of 80,000 sqm, and a parking space for more than 10,000 vehicles.
Nueva Condomina has tenants such as Primark, H&M, Inditex Group or Eroski 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/4/2007.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 3:16 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
It's great in there......... Well done

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 3:28 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Gosh you had me in a panic there. We booked with easyjet for next March (only £118 for 2) & did not have to pay for bags. Rechecked & it clearly says 2 bags but if more needed to add the relevant charges. Phew what a relief.

Went to Ikea at Murcia a couple of weeks ago, went via the A7. what a mess, road alterations & new roads all over the place.  Will follow the old route next time. Maybe shouldn't leave it so long before next visit. Every time we go over we find a new development, roundabout etc. just when you think you know where you are it all changes.

Gina is right about the YorKshire Linen Shop, I got some great bed covers there. They also have a good selection of towels & cushions as well as bedding.

I make a new list each time we go as there always seems to be something else one needs. Silly items, such as coloured key tags, door wedges (so you don't get locked out when the wind blows your door shut!!) mops, insect powder etc etc etc. Hopefully our next visit will be more relaxing & we can really explore the area.

Happy shopping

Eileen

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 3:44 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Eileen

Now I am really confused. Just been on easy jet. I need an answer to a question. Our flights are already booked, but I might be needing to book just for one person. went into it and for one person there seemed to be no charge for one person in the baggage part. Is this right or am I missing something???? I am so confused .

Back to shopping, I can handle that.  . Yorkshire is great isn't it? I knew you'd like it. Lovely little centre there too. id you go to the cafe with all the scrummy cakes?  . Brico there was cheaper for sunbeds and patio furniture too compared to Torre pacheco near polaris. Exactly the same things but big difference in the prices.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 3:52 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Hi Gina

No I am sure there is no charge for baggage for your extra person. (but I  have been known to be wrong)

Yes, we too enjoy the scrummy cakes, we first found a branch of that coffee shop in Torrevieja, down a little back street & it quickly became our first port of call when seeing our solicitor. Did you know the brad/coffee shop near us sells the same cakes?

The Mercadona near the Yorshire shop is also very good; the meat & vegetables were the best I'd seen.

Keep on passing on the tips, especially for shopping!!!

Eileen

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 3:55 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Gina/Eileen.. read my post 2:57 PM

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Small van/Big van any where in Spain... - 3 posts
When is a child not a child? - 2 posts
Where inland? - 5 posts
Caryn NY - 2 posts
Hi from Alan & Elaine - 6 posts
Key holder/cleaner/handover person wanted for Aloe on Valle Del Este - 1 posts
SMILEY APOLOGISES - 2 posts
Where to Live in Spain...and Why? - 69 posts
How long - 7 posts
Manilva Park - 12 posts
New Passport Delivery Service in Spain - 4 posts
holistic therapy ? - 4 posts
thinking about work - 11 posts
Compensation for Late Completion of Property - 1 posts
wanted accomodation at Nueva Ribera for one week from Monday coming ! - 1 posts
Legal Costs - 6 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east from Marbella. - 3 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east of Marbella). - 0 posts
Lawyer in Ibiza - recommendation please - 0 posts
moving soon to spain help needed - 9 posts
TAPRISA 97 Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera - 16 posts
beverley robinson - 2 posts
Glad to be here,hello everyone. - 11 posts
How to complain about a post - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 48

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x