Help please - looking to move to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Sep 2023 10:29 AM by Mib681 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Would anyone be able to offer some on advice on what I would need to know/do to be able to move to Spain and rent a villa? I am looking to rent and then buy in Spain but would welcome some advice. I am interested in the Murcia/Alicante regions and have seen some great properties. 

I am not sure on what is required to start the process, what do I need to have/know/do to be able to leave the UK and move? I will continue to work in the UK remotely and partner too.

Thanks in advance!

Like 0      
22 Sep 2023 12:21 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1314 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

https://www.gov.uk/browse/abroad/living-abroad

Like 1      
22 Sep 2023 2:17 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1221 posts Send private message

I am assuming you have a UK passport. There are several ways but you need a visa to enter Spain and apply for residency when you get here.

Firstly, and most popular, the Non Lucrative Visa. This is primarlly for those wishing to retire to Spain as it doesn't allow you to work. You need to show and annual income of around €35,000 a year for a couple and have private medical insurance if under retirement age. If over retirement age, you can apply for an S1 which transfers your medical cover from UK to Spain.

As you said you wanted to work remotely for a UK company, there is the so-called digital nomad visa. This allows you to work for a non Spanish company and show you would get the regular income plus have private medical insurance to cover you for at least a year. This is for 1 year to start but can be extended up to 5 years in two gos. Each time you reapply you have to show the required income and the medical cover. 

There are loads of other visas such as a work visa, student visa etc. 

Plenty of information on official sites out there which show the requirements. Whatever visa you get, you would need to apply for residency in the province you are going to be based in within 3 months of arrival.

I would think the digital nomad visa is the one you want and the rules etc are on the official Ministry of the Interior site

Digital Nomad Visa

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gestor recommendation - Valencia - 0 posts
Detailed advice on moving back to England from Madrid Spain - 0 posts
Ayamonte/Huelva - Looking for temp storage - 0 posts
discrepancy over who owns what land - - 8 posts
Relationship split but joint owned property - 8 posts
Cooling systems in rental properties - 12 posts
Looking for legitimate holiday rental - 0 posts
Recommendations for car hire at Malaga airport - 3 posts
Taps - 3 posts
De- Banking - 9 posts
Spanish income Tax for a UK 🇬🇧 expats. - 11 posts
excess energy from solar panels - 4 posts
How to find who owns GE Mortgage book now? - 6 posts
Murcia area -20 year rule for legalisation. - 20 posts
Touring caravan - 6 posts
UK to Spain (Madrid) - 1 posts
Calls to UK - 2 posts
Only 1,800 British Citizens have entered Spain on a NLV since its introduction. - 14 posts
Only 1% of new builds being bought by the British - 13 posts
Builder changed quote and over charging. Threatening court if I don’t pay the extra - 3 posts
Scammers on EOS by Private Messages - 2 posts
As a UK guy what is the difference between 'Saldo Actual' and 'Saldo Disponible' for Spanish current accounts (say BBVA for example) - 7 posts
Ayúdame a elegir hosting para mi sitio web - 0 posts
La ley mordaza - 0 posts
Jatar - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x