Good restaurants in the Duquesa Area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Oct 2008 4:47 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar
Hi, it's on the outwardly facing shops to the left of the marina - near the car park that's next to the dry docked boats.  Hope that makes sense!

Like 0      
20 Oct 2008 7:02 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Just to enhance Caroline's directions (!!!) - going into the main Duquesa port carpark, it's on the right of the carpark, when you're facing the sea!  Next to Brunos Car rentals.   Hope that eventually gets you there!  Can vouch that the meat is very good!

(PS   And Caroline, that didn't really make sense!  But because I know you, I'll forgive you!!!  Plus, I'm not the one looking!!!!).

This message was last edited by Pitby on 10/20/2008.

Like 0      
20 Oct 2008 7:21 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar
Well I was never very good at directions!

Like 0      
21 Oct 2008 7:45 AM by nicky1 Star rating in Essex/Estepona. 63 posts Send private message

Thanks all for the info I intend to give it a try next time I'm down.

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 1:55 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Any ideas for new years eve in Duquesa, seems a lot are closing for December, I have friends staying in our apartment and they want to know where they can go New Years Eve.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
29 Oct 2008 5:44 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9404 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
** EDITED - Corrupted post **

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 12:39 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Maureen

We are over for new year and places I have looked at are the Pergola, La Taberna, Jolly Sailor and Macues...prices are between 60 and 120 euros pp.

Regards

John

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 12:43 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar
Thanks John - are they for set meals then?  Assume advance bookings would be needed.

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 12:46 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9404 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
My corrupted post above was... about the TUGASA restaurant inside the Castellar castle. Delicious food and charmy ambient.

Best regards,

Maria L. de Castro

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 1:08 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

Are there good bars where you can have free tapas with a drink? Are these expensive?
I know in some areas in Spain you will have to pay for tapas as they don't come free with a drink. Is this the case of Duquesa/Manilva?
Thanks 
Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
04 Nov 2008 11:34 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
The only time in Spain i have had free tapas was in Almeria, I have never found that 'tradition' in Duquesa.

Caroline, they were set menus but were not available when i last looked. I am out aginn in 2 weeks so will have a better idea of what is happening. I think advance booking will be essential but with this credit crunch now..who knows.

Regards

John

Like 0      
04 Nov 2008 1:14 PM by Nati Star rating in Manilva (Costa del .... 237 posts Send private message

It is a shame. I am from a small town in Jaen (north of Andalucia) and we get free tapas with drinks. I think Duquesa/Manilva/ Sabinillas are more touristy areas, therefore, they do not include tapas with a drink. Never mind. Thanks for the information.
Ana

Ana Sánchez. PGCE, MA & BA(Hons)

Teaching and Translation Services

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 10:47 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Anybody tried Arroyo Hondo near Casares...i bekieve it is very good?

Regards

John

Like 0      
27 Nov 2008 2:59 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9404 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I love the restaurant inside the Castellar castle... not near but not far from Estepona. It is in thisrural complex and is called: " El Aljibe"

Please let me know if you go and like it.

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 8:13 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Firstly a question already sked earlier in this thread,

Arroyo Honda on the Caseares Road-it is good is it open all year etc etc?

Miele on the front at Sabinillas for excellent fillet steak

Indian Village behind it for a decent curry

Mexican in Duquesa port

Chinese in Sabinillas (at the top near the Mercadona) never busy inside but always good food a nd busy for take aways.

The Fox- varied food, british and european

These are the "regulars" that we favour and in fairness have never had a bad meal out of any of them, and all their prices certainly could not be considered high.

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 8:22 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Have wondered why the chinese in Sabinillis is always empty, we have looked in but put off becuase it is empty, will try it next time we are out.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 8:27 PM by carolinej Star rating. 420 posts Send private message

carolinej´s avatar

We wondered that too - maybe it's not got great parking?  Looks nice though.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2008 8:28 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Maria

We been to that restaurant in Castellar..didn'y have a meal just coffee at the bar but it looked good and was busy.

Regards

John

Like 0      
22 Dec 2008 10:08 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

itZaBar in Sabinillas are doing Christmas Dinner with a starter or sweet for 10.90€ until early January, and you have a choice of either Turkey or Beef! Served with all the trimings. YUM! We've been there twice so far and are going back on Chrismtas Eve (as it's my  Birthday) and also New Years Eve.

If you want Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day they are doing a great deal all for 55€

Ah! almost forgot, they also have live entertainment on New Years Eve.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
22 Dec 2008 11:21 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

do you know the cost for new year's eve?

Regards

John

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to avoid Spanish Inheritance Tax - 25 posts
fire baskets - 0 posts
Not what but where? - 18 posts
hi we are tonden - 2 posts
Meeting - 09/06/07 - 54 posts
Driving from Bilbao to Mar Menor - 11 posts
Directions To the Roman Baths - 4 posts
Good Ladies Clothes Shop - 5 posts
Intercom system - 3 posts
This seems very expensive - 0 posts
Looks like a new way to create funds! - 6 posts
Spanish Banking Ombudsman - 37 posts
Completion?-but have to pay 4000 euros for insurance??? - 6 posts
can this business work in spain???? - 6 posts
dont just sit there - 2 posts
Hi - 3 posts
PET FREE COMMUNITY - 4 posts
Directions to Manilva required - 0 posts
golf clubs in Murcia - 10 posts
manilva beach - 2 posts
Traveling to Spain from Bulgaria with new dog - 0 posts
Did you pay CGT Capital Gain Tax (mod 212) between 2003 and 2006 ? - 0 posts
Looking for a fiscal representitive... - 11 posts
What do you all think of..... - 14 posts
NEW MORTGAGE ALERT - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 93

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x